The Prepared: Review: Sawyer Point ZeroTwo Bucket Purification System
Review: Sawyer Point ZeroTwo Bucket Purification System
The $125-140 Sawyer SP191 Point ZeroTwo Bucket Kit is a unique product that sits somewhere between portable water filters and home countertop water filters. The kit combines what would normally be a standalone portable filter with the hoses and attachments you need to create a sort of DIY countertop gravity system. All you need to add is a cheap plastic bucket and another container to catch the clean water.
Here’s what you need to know:
- This is a good option if you want something like a Berkey filter but without the Berkey price.
- Sawyer is a well-established and popular company. We feel confident that their products do what they say on the box.
- The filter will handle basically any bacterial or viral threat you may face — but it does not remove chemicals (like pesticides) the way more expensive countertop filters can.
- The filter will last a very long time (likely longer than you would in an emergency), provided you take care of it.
- The kit includes all of the parts you need, except for the bucket, including thoughtful touches like an elevated holder wire and a spout protector to keep the hose from crimping.
- Instructions could be better, but setup isn’t that complicated.
- There’s no control valve on the hose/filter, so things might get a little wet in your working area.
Continue reading Josh Centers’s review of the Point ZeroTwo Bucket Purification here: https://theprepared.com/blog/review-sawyer-point-zerotwo-bucket-system/