The Broke Backpacker: MUST READ • 12 Best Backpacking Water Filters of 2020
MUST READ • 12 Best Backpacking Water Filters of 2020
Well, it’s no secret that water is essential for life, a point which is often strongly emphasized at one point or another in a traveler’s career! You don’t have to be in the desert to be at a loss for how to get good drinking water-you might be camped out by an entire lake, but worried about how clean or safe the water is for drinking.
Whether you’re just going on long weekend hikes or multi-month international trips, a portable water filter falls on the list of essential items for many travelers.
As we all know, the planet has a plastic problem. A BIG plastic problem. Portable water filters and purifiers help backpackers eliminate the need to purchase single use plastic bottles day after day. Plus, who goes hiking with an unopened bottle of Evian anyway?
These days I never travel without my water purifier bottle; it is an invaluable tool of the backpacking trade – because we all need to drink and we don’t want to pollute the earth or ourselves in the process.
Quick Answer: Best Backpacking Water Filters
- Grayl Geopress Water Purifier Bottle – Overall Best Backpacking Water Filter
- Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter – Best Lightweight Backpacking Water Filter
- Grayl Geopress Water Purifier Bottle – Best Water Filter for International Backpacking
- Sawyer Mini Water Filter – Best Water Filter for Thru-Hikers
- Grayl Ultralight Compact Purifier Bottle – Best Lightweight Water Filter Bottle for Backpacking
- Katadyn BeFree Collapsible Water Filter Bottle – Best Water Filter for Trail Runners
- Platypus GravityWorks Water Filter System Kit – Best Backpacking Water Filter for Base Camp (Couples)
- Katadyn Base Camp Pro 10L Water Filter – Best Backpacking Water Filter for Base Camp (Big Groups)
We’ve tested all of the top backpacking water filters on the market right now. Read on to learn which water filters made the cut and which ones you should 100% steer clear of at: https://www.thebrokebackpacker.com/best-backpacking-water-filters/