Squeeze™ Water Filtration System
- 0.1 Micron Absolute Filters
- BPA Free
- Emergency Preparedness
- Featured Products
- Hydration Pack Compatible
- Ultra Light
The 3.5 ounce Sawyer Squeeze Water Filtration System is the most technologically advanced and durable, yet incredibly simple to use water filtration solution on the market.
Winner of BACKPACKER Magazine’s highly sought after Editors’ Choice Award in 2012.
The Squeeze Filter comes in TWO versatile options:
- SP131 – 3 pouches: 64 oz, 32 oz, and 16 oz capacity
- SP129 – 1 Pouch: 32 oz (our most common size)
Simply fill up the pouch at any source of water, screw the filter on to the pouch and proceed to using in multiple ways such as:
- Squeeze the bag and filter water into your water bottle or container of choice
- Drink directly from the filter which has push/pull cap included for on/off functionality
- Attach the filter onto most threaded water bottles, including standard 2 liter bottles.
- Includes collapsible pouches that are made from durable Mylar foil (100% BPA FREE), can be rolled tightly for easy packing, and can be reused hundreds of times
- The Squeeze System has a removable push/pull cap built right in, so you can spray water straight into your mouth or use it to fill a water bottle; fills most water bottles in 30 seconds.
- The PointONE filter removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera Leptospirosis, and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- We’ve included syringe to backflush the filter for an ability to maintain the filter in the field as well as to promote a high-flow rate
- The PointOne will also fit the threads on most bottles of water that you buy at a grocery store; great for international travel
- Incredibly easy to use, The Squeeze System comes with simple cleaning and maintenance instructions
- Lightweight Durable Collapsible Pouches (reusable)
- Sawyer 0.10 Absolute Micron Hollow Fiber Membrane
- Screw On/Off Water Filter
- Replaceable Pop Up Drinking Spout
- Cleaning Syringe
Filter Material: hollow fiber
Removes: Bacteria, protozoa, E. Coli, giardia, vibrio cholerea, Salmonella typhi, Leptospirosis
Filter Life: Lifetime Warranty.
Compatibility: Included Pouches, Inline Compatible, Straw, Plastic Bottles
Claimed Weight: 3 oz
Recommended Use: Hiking, backpacking, ultralight backpacking, camping, emergency preparedness
Product #: [SP131] – 3 pouches (64oz, 32oz, and 16oz) OR [SP129] – 1 pouch (32oz)
UPC: 0-50716-00129-7, 0-50716-00131-0
We recommend backwashing your filter when you flow rate begins to diminish, before prolonged storage, and when you are ready to start using your filter again. Backwashing your filter after storage is a great way to re-wet the filters and restore the flow rate before use.
The Sawyer filter removes taste that comes from bacteria, dirt, and green matter.
The Sawyer filter does NOT remove iron, sulfur, other chemicals, or simple compounds. Taste can be masked by using flavor additives like Gatorade or crystal light (filter needs to be cleaned immediately after using them).
The Sawyer filters are not made with charcoal. While other portable filters have charcoal, they lack in amount of media and adequate dwell time. Therefore, they only remove small amounts of heavy metals, pesticides, etc. (when used in real life applications). Try using better sources of water, if possible.
We have independent lab tests using EPA protocols and information about our filters and their warranties available on our Downloads Page.
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter can be used in conjunction with a hydration pack. Please see video Sawyer Squeeze with Hydration Pack using Inline Adapter and Sawyer Squeeze with Fast Fill Adapters.
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter with Water Bottles
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter can also be used on water bottles when you are unsure whether or not it is safe to drink the water.
The Sawyer Inline Filter
This convenient filter can be used as an inline filter on a hydration pack, a pre-filter for an existing pump system, with the provided faucet adapter, or with a gravity bag.
Flow rates vary depending on how clean the filter is and how well you cleaned the filter. Altitude also affects the flow rates (the higher you go the slower the flow. Also, the PointZEROTWO™ filter flows much slower that the Point ONE.
Before initial wetting
Filter is safe from freezing temperatures if it has never been wetted.
After initial wetting
While there is no definitive way to tell if a filter has been damaged due to freezing, Sawyer recommends replacing your filter if you suspect that it has been frozen.
If you are in freezing temperatures, we recommend that you store your filter in your pocket or close to your person so that your body heat can prevent freezing. THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR A FROZEN FILTER.