Primal Survivor: Urban Bug Out Bag: What You Need To Carry and Planning Guide
Urban Bug Out Bag: What You Need To Carry and Planning Guide
If a disaster strikes, a city is arguably the worst place to be. Not only do you have to worry about issues like rubble and downed power lines, but crowds of panicking people who didn’t have the foresight to stockpile basic supplies pose a considerable threat.
A lot of prepper websites will tell you to move the heck out of the city. Yes – that’s good advice, but not all of us are in a situation where we can pick up and move.
What you can do is pack an Urban Bug Out Bag.
What is an Urban Bug Out Bag?
There are a lot of different definitions of Bug Out Bag. In general, though, a BOB is defined as a kit containing everything you need to survive through disaster conditions for 3 days.
So, an urban Bug Out Bag will contain everything you need to survive a disaster in a city or other urban environment.
Why You Need an Urban Bug Out Bag
You might not think you need an urban BOB. After all, you could just go home – right? You might even keep a Get Home Bag in your car in case a disaster strikes while you are away.
The truth is that there are many situations where you could end up stuck wandering the city through a SHTF disaster.
- Your home becomes completely unsafe (ask the people of Syria about that one!).
- The city is put on lockdown and you are unable to leave.
- You have a disability or illness which makes it impossible to get out of the city.
- There are no rural/wilderness areas around you, such as in large cities on the East Coast.
- It will take several days of trekking through the city to reach the nearest safe, remote location.
Head here to continue reading about how you can build your own Urban Bug Out Bag: https://www.primalsurvivor.net/urban-bug-out-bag/