BikeHikeSafari: Appalachian Trail Gear List
Appalachian Trail Gear List
This is a complete Appalachian Trail Gear List. Below is a list of the best to take when hiking the Appalachian Trail. The list will keep your base weight around 6kg/13lb. The Appalachian Trail thru hike gear list is my personal recommendations on what gear to take thru hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- Appalachian Trail Gear List
- Shelter + Pack + Sleep System
- Best Footwear for the Appalachian Trail
- Clothing for the Appalachian Trail
- Best Rain Gear for the Appalachian Trail
- Trekking Poles and Snow Gear for the Appalachian Trail
- Cooking Gear for the AT
- Electronics and Camera
- Other Gear
- Evernew Ti DX Stove Titanium 86 Grams.
- Snow Peak Trek 900 Titanium Cookset with homemade aluminum foil lid 114 Grams.
- Sea To Summit X-Mug – 78 grams
- Titanium Spoon 12 Grams
- Gerber STL 2.0 Knife 28 Grams
- Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter System 85 Grams
- Steripen rechargable– 140 grams
- Katadyn Micropur Water Purifier Tabs 20 Grams.
- Bic Lighter – 20 Grams – A necessary item, obviously.
- 600ml Coke Bottle to store alcohol for stove – 27 grams
During the hot sections of the Appalachian Trail I will go ‘Stoveless’, using a small plastic peanut butter jar to rehydrate food, this should save about 200 grams of weight and a lot of extra weight in fuel that I will not need to carry.
Finish reading the complete article written by Brad McCartney here: https://bikehikesafari.com/appalachian-trail-gear-list/