Personal Water Filtration Bottle
- 0.1 Micron Absolute Filters
- BPA Free
- Emergency Preparedness
- Featured Products
- Hydration Pack Compatible
- Kid Friendly
- Water Filter Bottle
At just 5.5 ounces in weight, this durable BPA FREE water bottle can deliver clean water as fast as you can drink it. Use the included filter with the bottle, on a hydration pack, or as an ultra light filter option.
- The PointONE filter removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- All Sawyer water filters meet or exceed Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommended removal rates
- The included filter is designed to have a high flow rate so you can get fresh, clean water from your bottle easily and instantly.
- Our filters are fully field maintainable and with the included backwash syringe, you can always ensure a fast flow of water.
- We think the bottle we’ve included is pretty sweet, but just in case you don’t we’ve design the cap in standard 63mm, to fit on most other wide-mouth water bottles.
- 34 fl. oz. BPA free bottle
- 63mm cap
- Hollow fiber filter
- Backwash syringe
- 2 replacement drinking straws
Filter Material: Hollow fiber
Removes: Bacteria, protozoa, E. Coli, giardia, vibrio cholerea, Salmonella typhi
Compatibility: Water bottles, inline, straw, pouch
Packed Weight: 5.5 oz
Recommended Use: Hiking, backpacking, ultralight backpacking, camping, emergency preparedness
Product #: [SP140]
Made in USA.
We recommend backwashing your filter when you flow rate begins to diminish, before prolonged storage, and when you are ready to start using your filter again. Backwashing your filter after storage is a great way to re-wet the filters and restore the flow rate before use.
The Sawyer filter removes taste that comes from bacteria, dirt, and green matter.
The Sawyer filter does NOT remove iron, sulfur, other chemicals, or simple compounds. Taste can be masked by using flavor additives like Gatorade or crystal light (filter needs to be cleaned immediately after using them).
The Sawyer filters are not made with charcoal. While other portable filters have charcoal, they lack in amount of media and adequate dwell time. Therefore, they only remove small amounts of heavy metals, pesticides, etc. (when used in real life applications). Try using better sources of water, if possible.
We have independent lab tests using EPA protocols and information about our filters and their warranties available on our Downloads Page.
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter can be used in conjunction with a hydration pack. Please see video Sawyer Squeeze with Hydration Pack using Inline Adapter and Sawyer Squeeze with Fast Fill Adapters.
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter with Water Bottles
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter can also be used on water bottles when you are unsure whether or not it is safe to drink the water.
The Sawyer Inline Filter
This convenient filter can be used as an inline filter on a hydration pack, a pre-filter for an existing pump system, with the provided faucet adapter, or with a gravity bag.
Flow rates vary depending on how clean the filter is and how well you cleaned the filter. Altitude also affects the flow rates (the higher you go the slower the flow. Also, the PointZEROTWO™ filter flows much slower that the Point ONE.
Before initial wetting
Filter is safe from freezing temperatures if it has never been wetted.
After initial wetting
While there is no definitive way to tell if a filter has been damaged due to freezing, Sawyer recommends replacing your filter if you suspect that it has been frozen.
If you are in freezing temperatures, we recommend that you store your filter in your pocket or close to your person so that your body heat can prevent freezing. THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR A FROZEN FILTER.