4 Liter Water Filtration System
- Simply fill the included gray reservoir with unfiltered water, attach the filter and filter hose and let gravity fill the included blue reservoir with clean water
- Use the clean water in your blue reservoir as a campsite water source for dirty dishes and filling water bottles, by simply hanging the reservoir from its handle.
- Or, attach the included drink tube and a bite valve (sold separately) and use the reservoir as a convenient pack hydration system
- Filter removes particles, protozoa, and bacteria down to 0.10 micron in size, including giardia, salmonella, cryptosporidia, & leptospirosis
- The Complete system includes a faucet adapter for a thorough backwash when you get back home to your faucet.
- But just in case you never go back home, the included Sawyer filter is fully field maintainable to ensure a fast flow of water
- Setup is simple and the system packs easily, with a packable weight at just 12 oz.
SP184 – 4 Liter Dual Bag Complete System Includes:
- 4-Liter Nylon Dirty Water Dispenser
- 4-Liter Nylon Clean Water Storage Vessel with High Flow Dispensing Cap
- Sawyer PointONE™ 0.10 Absolute Micron Water Filter
- Faucet Adapter
- Drink Tube
- Cleaning and Maintenance Instructions
Filter Material: Hollow fiber
Removes: Bacteria, protozoa, E. Coli, giardia, vibrio cholerea, Salmonella typhi, Leptospirosis
Filter Life: Lifetime Warranty
Compatibility: Complete system, inline
Complete Weight: 16 oz
Package Weight: 12 oz
Recommended Use: Emergency preparedness, hiking, backpacking, ultralight backpacking, camping, paddling, group camping
Product #: [SP184]
Made in USA.
UPC: 0-50716-00183-9, 0-50716-00184-6
We recommend backwashing your filter when you flow rate begins to diminish, before prolonged storage, and when you are ready to start using your filter again. Backwashing your filter after storage is a great way to re-wet the filters and restore the flow rate before use.
The Sawyer filter removes taste that comes from bacteria, dirt, and green matter.
The Sawyer filter does NOT remove iron, sulfur, other chemicals, or simple compounds. Taste can be masked by using flavor additives like Gatorade or crystal light (filter needs to be cleaned immediately after using them).
The Sawyer filters are not made with charcoal. While other portable filters have charcoal, they lack in amount of media and adequate dwell time. Therefore, they only remove small amounts of heavy metals, pesticides, etc. (when used in real life applications). Try using better sources of water, if possible.
We have independent lab tests using EPA protocols and information about our filters and their warranties available on our Downloads Page.
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter can be used in conjunction with a hydration pack. Please see video Sawyer Squeeze with Hydration Pack using Inline Adapter and Sawyer Squeeze with Fast Fill Adapters.
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter with Water Bottles
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter can also be used on water bottles when you are unsure whether or not it is safe to drink the water.
The Sawyer Inline Filter
This convenient filter can be used as an inline filter on a hydration pack, a pre-filter for an existing pump system, with the provided faucet adapter, or with a gravity bag.
Flow rates vary depending on how clean the filter is and how well you cleaned the filter. Altitude also affects the flow rates (the higher you go the slower the flow. Also, the PointZEROTWO™ filter flows much slower that the Point ONE.
Before initial wetting
Filter is safe from freezing temperatures if it has never been wetted.
After initial wetting
While there is no definitive way to tell if a filter has been damaged due to freezing, Sawyer recommends replacing your filter if you suspect that it has been frozen.
If you are in freezing temperatures, we recommend that you store your filter in your pocket or close to your person so that your body heat can prevent freezing. THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR A FROZEN FILTER.