The importance of First Aid kits
A good first aid kit is one of the Ten Essentials of backcountry travel and sometimes it can be difficult to decide what it is that you will need and how you will want to be prepared for outdoor injury.
Most outdoor enthusiasts choose our pre-assembled first-aid kits because they are convenient. It’s also a perfect way to ensure you haven’t forgotten the essential materials for your group and type of trip. Most Sawyer kits also come with a wilderness first aid field guide to walk you through even the most sever of first aid situations. But lets start with the basics.
Here are the Basics
- Never Leave home without them
- Bandages: Assorted adhesive bandages, athletic tape and blister treatments (such as Blist-O-Ban).
- Medication and ointments/lotions: Ibuprofen, antibiotic ointments, antacid tablets, sunscreen and prescription medicines.
- Basic tools: Tweezers, a small mirror, razor blade or knife.
- Miscellaneous items: Bee-sting kit, tick remover, antiseptic towelettes, burn dressing.