Jennifer Pharr Davis
- Over 12,000 miles of long distance hiking, including the Pacific Crest Trail, Long Trail, Colorado Trail, Tour du Mont Blanc, Bibbulmun Track in Australia, three Appalachian Trail thru-hikes, and the GR-11 (across the Spanish Pyrenees from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic) and Laugavegur Trail in Iceland (600 miles of hiking) during my 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy in the summer of 2012
- Women’s supported A.T. endurance record in 2008 (57 days, 38 miles per day)
- Overall (female and male) supported A.T. endurance record in 2011 (46.5 days, 47 miles per day)
- Named 2012 National Geographic Adventurer of the Year, 2011 Performance of the Year by Ultrarunning Magazine, and 2008 Person of the Year by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine
- Featured in the NY Times, Washington Post, the Daily Beast, Guideposts Magazine, Charlotte Observer, NPR’s Talk of the Nation, and the CBS Morning Show.
Favorite Sawyer Product and why:
Sawyer Mini because it only weighs 2 ounces and costs around $25. It’s the best filter in the world!
Favorite outdoor location:
The Appalachian Trail through Grayson Highlands in Southwest Virginia
One piece of advice or something you’ve learned spending so much time in the outdoors:
If you want to finish a thru-hike you have to be simultaneously very stubborn and very flexible